Dr. Laura Hinz
Clinical, Research, and Other Interests
Dr. Hinz has a general Endocrinology practice, including diabetes, thyroid disease, bone and calcium disorders, adrenal disease, and reproductive conditions. She has a special interest in Metabolic Bone Disease and shares her time with the Southern Alberta Transplant Clinic and David Hanley Osteoporosis Clinic caring for patients with osteoporosis. Dr. Hinz has a passion for teaching and recently completed a Masters of Medical Education, researching factors that influence how students manage insulin in hospital.
She works in the Cumming School of Medicine as a Master Teacher, the Clerkship OSCE Evaluation Coordinator, and a Faculty Advocate Against Mistreatment. Her passion for education extends to her patients and she loves to draw hormone pathways and explain endocrine conditions so that patients can truly be empowered partners in their own care.
Education and Appointments
- BSc Biological Sciences, University of Calgary
- MD, University of Western Ontario
- FRCPC, Internal Medicine, University of Calgary
- FRCPC, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Calgary
- MSc Medical Education, University of Calgary
- Clinical Lecturer, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary