Dr. Joel Doctor
Clinical, Research, and Other Interests
Dr. Joel Doctor is a specialist in Clinical Immunology and Allergy. He joined Associate Clinic in 1994 and established a leading Allergy practice dedicated to serving the needs of children and adults in Calgary and surrounding communities. There is a strong focus on accurate allergy diagnosis and treatment of allergic conditions that is guided by medical evidence and 25 years of clinical experience.
Dr. Joel Doctor is involved in medical education at the Cummings School of Medicine and Continuing Medical Education for Physicians and Allied Health providers. He also appears regularly in the media to discuss various allergy related topics.
Dr. Joel Doctor is married and the father of four adult children. He is an avid cyclist and especially enjoys time spent biking in the mountains.
- Undergraduate Biology, University of Calgary (Louise McKinney Scholarship, First Class Standing).
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Calgary.
- Internal Medicine, University of Western Ontario, FRCPC and ABIM.
- Clinical Immunology and Allergy, McMaster University, FRCPC.
- Pediatric Immunology training, Toronto Sick Kids Hospital.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Cummings School of Medicine, University of Calgary.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology AAAAI.
- Member of the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology CSACI.